Wednesday, July 02, 2008

http://gostandup.com/






Since the whole ' I'll work out at the gym ' idea didn't work, I decided to get a home gym.

I bought as my first item ..'The Gazelle'... from some guy named Tony Little.

That was a huge mistake ! ........ This was not the calorie burning machine that I expected. It was more like a leg swing,...... a thigh hammock, .... a 'restless leg syndrome' come to life.


Winking burned more calories that this piece of junk ! ..... I tried to figure out what this machine prepared me for in a real life situation. .. For example the 'heavy bag' trains one to defend oneself. ... The ' row machine ' trains one to escape an assailant much more quickly in a row boat. .... The 'bench press' prepares one to lift a Geo Metro and change the tire.
.. All those are no brainers !! ..........What does 'The Gazelle' train one for ???


That's it !!...... Fleeing from Stephen Hawking in zero gravity!!!


Needless to say I returned 'The Gazelle'.


On my way home, I dangled my arms out of my car window while going 60...
After all, who needs 'The Gazelle' when you can get the same workout.

No comments: