Monday, June 02, 2008

I'm going to visit my Italian grandma today. I'm looking forward to the great 20 course banquet she always prepares.




She calls it brunch. She has an obtuse perception of food............ I once showed her a foot long sub..................... She stuck a toothpick in it and called it a finger sandwich.......................
Going over her house is always stressful because of the huge portions she dishes out. She has what I call "heavy hands". Every time she dishes out some bake ziti onto my plate she says." Tell me when to stop."............ Whenever I say ," Stop.", she continues to dish out 7 to 8 more spoonfuls............... Why does she even ask me ? It's as though she's merely asking for a suggestion. She should just ask, " Tell me when I'll stop whenever the hell I wanna stop !!!" .............How do I get this woman to quit dishing out ziti in time ? .................When she says,"Tell me when to stop.", should I back hand her and say, " Stop!!"?.....I tried that once. .......... To this day I'm finding baked ziti in some strange ...and wonderful places on my body.....



Again, the question---
How early do I need tell her to "Stop" ?.................... That's the burning question that I will tackle during my week long visit with "the heavy handed Italian grandma with the uncontrollable serving response".

No comments: